Active Mobility are your local Motability Partner
You can lease a new electric scooter or power chair from Active Mobility every 3 years, using your government-funded mobility allowance.
If you suffer from impaired mobility, the Motability Scheme may enable you to access the mobility equipment you need, providing you meet certain conditions.
So, how does the Motability scheme work?
To join the scheme, you must be receiving one of the following Government payments:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
For your Motability application to be successful, you must have at least 12 months remaining on your payments when you apply.
The Motability Scheme provides mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs on a three-year contract hire basis as follows:
- 3 years comprehensive insurance
- 3 years full parts and labour warranty
- No call out charges
- Annual servicing and repairs
- Free replacement batteries and tyres
- Free puncture repair
- 24-hour breakdown recovery service
Active Mobility are here to help every step of the way
Active Mobility are a Motability partner. We can help you every step of the way. From helping you to fill in the required forms, to providing a free demonstration in the comfort of your own home, to delivering and assembling your brand new scooter ready to use.